A ‘web’ application – also known as Web app – is a computer program/software tool that uses web browsers (e.g. Safari, Mozilla, Chrome, Firefox) and web technology (e.g. the Cloud, web servers) to perform tasks over the internet. You always need to be connected to 3G/4G or the internet for it to work.
A ‘native ‘application – is downloaded at the iTunes / Apple Store or from Google Play Store depending on if you have an iOS of an Android smartphone. Downloaded apps can often work without an internet connection but usually offer a lower level of functionality compared to their Big Brother web apps.
Pocket PA is designed to be used first and foremost as a web app but it does also have a companion/helper Native app that gives a much lower level of functionality than the main Web app
1. Web apps can run across multiple devices (phones – both apple & android, tablets, computer laptops) on many different browsers (e.g. Safari, Mozilla, Chrome, Firefox)
2. Web apps, therefore, don’t crash and are more stable than native apps making it a more user-friendly experience in the main
3. Any updates and fixes to bugs can be made very quickly on Web apps compared to native apps where these have to be pushed through to users via the iTunes or Google Play store
4. Webapps don’t need to be ‘installed’ or downloaded to a hard drive or take up storage space
5. Web apps are always available with Wi-Fi internet / 3G / 4G connection and deliver powerful real-time information that synchronises very fast between your devices.
6. Web apps are more cost-efficient for the software provider to develop and deliver high-level functionality and they require less maintenance than a native app
7. Web apps allow very high-level data storage and complex tasks to be performed over the internet at high speed which might otherwise be slow and difficult to achieve using a Native App
Pocket PA is best used as a web application that you can use on any phone or tablet or laptop/desktop computer across multiple devices.
Its mobile-friendly so works very well on the go in your smartphone and gives a similar experience to when you use it on a larger computer or tablet device.
If you want to use it on your phone, we recommend you make a short cut or bookmark it to your home screen so you can press just one button and access the full Web app version quickly and easily. To do this watch this video here.
Pocket PA has an additional native app – this means an app that you can download from the Apple or Google Play stores.
But this only has LIMITED functionality and you have to register your account first on the Web app at www.PocketPA.com as all the information in the native app gets synched from the ‘Big Brother’ Web app version
1. Provides a way to import your contacts on your phone into the web app
2. Gives a list of your appointments to see quickly at a glance
3. Let’s you get directions between these appointments if you need to connect to Google Maps or Waze
You cannot add in new payments, appointments, sales, income or expenses into the Native App – this all needs to be done in the Pocket PA Web app.
1. Use Pocket PA as a web app
2. Save the web app to your smartphone home screen so it’s always easily accessible
3. Only download the native app from iTunes / Google Play if you need to import contacts / want a quick view diary view/use Directions feature a lot
Try Pocket PA for 30 days on the free trial and see how it can transform your own business directly from your smartphone!
There are 5 common mistakes that many micro-business owners make when setting up their companies - but it’s never too late to adapt your strategies.
For the Self-employed, most will struggle to see consistency in profits without 'regulars', so maintaining a strong customer relationship & client base is key.
As micro-business owners the abundance of choice can suffocate or stifle your survival if you don’t find a way to stand out & shine brightly. Let's show you how
You don’t need to be doing crazy dances or lip-syncing challenges to create good content. Social media is an excellent tool for growing a business, & it's free!
Hiccups happen. Technology breaks, accidents occur, customers cancel… but it’s how you pick yourself up & turn your day (& subsequent week) around that counts
It's empowering to work alongside strong-minded individuals. And building one another collectively will strengthen the micro-business community surrounding you.
If you live in a world where you're constantly comparing yourself to others, you’re running a race you’ll never win. Find out how to give yourself a head start!
Using our 5 easy tips, you can learn how to master your own mental strength & subsequently navigate your business through these uncertain times. You've got this
It’s easy to see that by following just these 5 steps alone, growing an active following is not as hard as you may have initially thought
By tailoring your communication and content to be thoughtful & informative, you will retain the customer engagement, & maintain those positive relationships ...
It’s easy to see what small things, often at no cost, can really help you stand out from the crowd & ensure your clients want to keep coming back to see you.
Don’t deprive the world from seeing your light. Keep on searching until you find what it is you love and then shine your beacon brightly and allow others ....