A ‘web’ application – also known as Web app – is a computer program/software tool that uses web browsers (e.g. Safari, Mozilla, Chrome, Firefox) and web technology (e.g. the Cloud, web servers) to perform tasks over the internet. You always need to be connected to 3G/4G or the internet for it to work.
A ‘native ‘application – is downloaded at the iTunes / Apple Store or from Google Play Store depending on if you have an iOS of an Android smartphone. Downloaded apps can often work without an internet connection but usually offer a lower level of functionality compared to their Big Brother web apps and require storage space on the device its stored on.
Pocket PA is designed to be used ONLY as a web app so there is NO 'companion/helper' Native app that needs downloading from the Apple or Googleplay stores
1. Web apps can run across multiple devices (phones – both apple & android, tablets, computer laptops) on many different browsers (e.g. Safari, Mozilla, Chrome, Firefox)
2. Web apps, therefore, don’t crash and are more stable than native apps making it a more user-friendly experience in the main
3. Any updates and fixes to bugs can be made very quickly on Web apps compared to native apps where these have to be pushed through to users via the iTunes or Google Play store
4. Webapps don’t need to be ‘installed’ or downloaded to a hard drive or take up storage space
5. Web apps are always available with Wi-Fi internet / 3G / 4G connection and deliver powerful real-time information that synchronises very fast between your devices.
6. Web apps are more cost-efficient for the software provider to develop and deliver high-level functionality and they require less maintenance than a native app
7. Web apps allow very high-level data storage and complex tasks to be performed over the internet at high speed which might otherwise be slow and difficult to achieve using a Native App
Pocket PA is best used as a web application that you can use on any phone or tablet or laptop/desktop computer across multiple devices.
Its mobile-friendly so works very well on the go in your smartphone and gives a similar experience to when you use it on a larger computer or tablet device.
If you want to use it on your phone or tablet, we recommend you make a short cut or bookmark it to your home screen so you can press just one button and access the full Web app version quickly and easily. To do this watch this video here.
1. Use Pocket PA as a web app
2. Save the web app to your smartphone home screen so it’s always easily accessible
3. Using a Webapp means it seamlessly synchs the data so it can be seen instantly on any device with internet or 4G data
Try Pocket PA for 30 days on the free trial and see how it can transform your own business directly from your smartphone!
To truly give your business the best opportunity to excel, you need to identify a specific niche, place your focus directly on this & become an expert.
Good cashflow management really just means tracking and understanding the flow of your money in & out of your business. Pocket PA helps you do that beautifully
For a small business, having a Google My Business listing is a vital ‘must-have’ FREE way to boost the presence of your business & increase your new clients
Using Instagram polls gives you an excellent way to get to know your followers & what they like & dislike from your account. Check out our 5 suggestions below.
Getting left behind with technology isn’t necessary in this day & age when there are simple ways you can use it to keep your business up to speed. Start now!
When you're sharing your story about your business journey be sure to include both the highs and lows, the reasons why you started and how it all unfolded.
As a self-employed micro business owner, we often find there are too many things to get done in a day that only has 24 hours in it! Getting productive is key!
Productivity & profits work hand in hand: when you increase one the other increases too. Here are 5 productivity-boosting steps to get the most out of your time
Cash Flow is incredibly important when running your own business. It's often hard to manage for any sized business, leaving many opportunities to make mistakes.
There are 5 common mistakes that many micro-business owners make when setting up their companies - but it’s never too late to adapt your strategies.
For the Self-employed, most will struggle to see consistency in profits without 'regulars', so maintaining a strong customer relationship & client base is key.
As micro-business owners the abundance of choice can suffocate or stifle your survival if you don’t find a way to stand out & shine brightly. Let's show you how
You don’t need to be doing crazy dances or lip-syncing challenges to create good content. Social media is an excellent tool for growing a business, & it's free!
Hiccups happen. Technology breaks, accidents occur, customers cancel… but it’s how you pick yourself up & turn your day (& subsequent week) around that counts
It's empowering to work alongside strong-minded individuals. And building one another collectively will strengthen the micro-business community surrounding you.
If you live in a world where you're constantly comparing yourself to others, you’re running a race you’ll never win. Find out how to give yourself a head start!
Using our 5 easy tips, you can learn how to master your own mental strength & subsequently navigate your business through these uncertain times. You've got this
It’s easy to see that by following just these 5 steps alone, growing an active following is not as hard as you may have initially thought
By tailoring your communication and content to be thoughtful & informative, you will retain the customer engagement, & maintain those positive relationships ...
It’s easy to see what small things, often at no cost, can really help you stand out from the crowd & ensure your clients want to keep coming back to see you.
Don’t deprive the world from seeing your light. Keep on searching until you find what it is you love and then shine your beacon brightly and allow others ....